Is it true that we are what we eat?
Teams use fun experiments learn about the connection between nourishment and human performance!
Fun / Interactive Science Experiments (STEM) and Cooking Lessons in the Lab and the Kitchen
- Hands-on activities where kids use the scientific method to answer a series of questions about food then learn how to cook with it!
- Students keep all art and kitchen projects, as well as complementary apparel!
Team Building & Project / Problem-based Learning
- Teams work individually and together to solve problems and record activities in their lab notebooks!
- Kids empowered to adjust recipes to match their preferences or unique dietary needs!
- Final project is a "Poster Show" where kids show off their unique mind-maps and other creations!
Focus on Connection between Real Food and Healthy Living
- Fun curriculum that fuels the mind, body and imagination!
- Riddle Scavenger Hunt at local Farmers' Market!
- Lunch included (dietary restrictions considered - foods prepared by students)!
- Kids aged 8-13 are grouped based on age
- 8:1 Nutrition educated Coach to student ratio
Where and when?
- The 2016 Food Science Camp schedule is still being determined but we're starting to take reservations now for the Design Your Own Restaurant Camps and the Aspiring Chefs - Create Your Own Family Cookbook Camps!